July 14th, 2013 by Gus

Week in review

This week I am happy to report that Worcester’s REC Youth Grow program began a project within the Clark Community Thrift Store (CCTS). This project is intended to provide valuable experience in retailing, merchandising, customer service, sustainability, and marketing for local teens. As the CCTS community outreach intern, I am excited about the possibility of involving Youth Grow in my community development work and the prospect of leveraging their understanding of the community, while at the same time bolstering their competencies in communication and marketing.

Youth Grow

Store Manager Sam speaks to Youth Grow

Another area that I am excited about is the store itself. Having had our second sorting party of the summer on Thursday, volunteers cleared space that was previously inundated with donation bags. As we move forward, we plan to turn the unused storage area into a furniture showcase.

This week the CCTS summer management team also received merchandising training from Jenny Isler. Thanks to her diligent instruction and honest feedback, we identified areas within the store that were in need of improvement, and I found the session to be immensely valuable. After she left, Sam and I immediately went to work making adjustments throughout the store based on what we had learned. As it would turn out, the training quite literally “paid off” as we ended the day with some of our best sales in recent weeks.

Current ye@r *

mugen 2d fighting games

Free WordPress Themes