July 11th, 2013 by Sean Paul Fitzgerald

Back to the US!

My time in Chile has come to a close (for now). I’ll be heading back home in a few days and will start work officially at the Red Cross in almost a week.

I’ve been keeping up with emails not only from my LEEP contact and advisors, but also from the other Clark interns. They have already begun their projects and I’m beginning to see how much work I have to catch up on when I get back. It hasn’t deterred me though, since I recently experienced the completion of my Habitat for Humanity internship and know how much I stand to gain with this upcoming opportunity.

It was tough saying goodbye, much tougher than I thought it would be. I felt and still feel a very strong connection with the people I worked with and am glad I found such a dedicated team. I learned more about how to effectively collaborate and share ideas, how to work across different cultural values and standards to achieve a common goal, and how frustrating it can be to commute through the city with an umbrella (we had a couple rainy days and they were probably the most frustrating thing about my time with HFH). Obviously some things I learned are more important than others, but I hope it all serves me as a Red Cross intern. I’ve managed to compile some preliminary questions for my team and choose a work schedule as well as check out some more of their social media outlets like Facebook, Twitter, and their blog.

I’m looking forward to meeting everyone and will keep you guys updated every step of the way!

Current day month ye@r *

mugen 2d fighting games

Free WordPress Theme