June 18th, 2013 by Rehan Rasool

Hello, World!

Welcome to my LEEP Pioneer blog! For the next few months, this will contain information, updates and stories about my LEEP Project and about my life in general.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Rehan Rasool and I am from Pakistan. I am currently a junior at Clark University and I am double majoring in Computer Science and Mathematics. I believe that the fast-growing Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Clark has been underrepresented and I am proud to represent it through this blog.

Two years ago, as a result of my hard work in Pakistan at Roots School System, I got into Clark University on a full-tuition scholarship for four years. Since then, I have been having an amazing time here. In addition to having a good academic record at Clark and being on the First Honors Dean’s List in all my semesters, I have been actively involved in the community. I was a Resident Adviser in Bullock Hall last year and will be performing my duties in Maywood Hall next year. I am the Vice Chair of Clark ACM Student Chapter and the Secretary of Club Soccer.  I am also a tutor of Math and CS courses and the webmaster of two renowned student groups on campus: SASA and Club Soccer.

In my free time, I run a graphics company from home, BlueCube Creatives, and have made numerous clients around the world. I am also a part of several other start-up companies like MrksMediaFilm For Pakistan etc. My next mega project is to launch a web-based apparel brand in Pakistan called ONE.

For me, this LEEP Project is a great place to practice what I have learnt so far at Clark University and also expand my knowledge.  My project is to design a software for the Registrar’s Office which will help the departments at Clark in planning out their respective semester schedules, based on previous semester’s courses. More details on that will be in my next blog post!

In addition to the LEEP Project, I am currently doing an internship at OneShield as a Software Developer Intern and also helping Kevin Forti make YouTube videos for Clark. I will be posting details about them in my blog as well.

I am very excited for the projects that I am doing in the next few months. Here’s to a great summer!

PS. The reason for the title of the blog post being “Hello, World!” is because every computer scientist starts learning a new language by creating a hello world program in that language. This, similarly, is the beginning of my blogging life.

Current day month ye@r *

Free WordPress Themes
WordPress主题